Brush Up On These Daily Office Cleaning FAQs For A Pristine Workplace
Daily office cleaning is crucial to the health and safety of your employees and the overall success of your business. If you are struggling to keep your office clean and tidy, chances are you are doing something wrong. Worry not! In this article, you will find a list of daily office cleaning FAQs that will teach you all you need to know to level up your cleaning game. From the most useful office cleaning tips and tricks to choosing the right commercial cleaning company, we will cover all the relevant questions you may have.
The Most Important Daily Office Cleaning FAQs You Should Know
Whether you are planning to hire a commercial cleaning company or maintain an in-house janitorial staff, having some knowledge of how to go about office cleaning can save you from making some costly mistakes. Here are the most common questions business owners have about the subject.
1. How often should I clean my office?
The frequency of office cleaning depends on several factors but primarily on how many employees you have and how much foot traffic you get. For instance, if you have less than 20 employees, you may need to clean the office 2 to 3 times a week. On the other hand, if you have more than 40 employees, you must clean the office every day. Regardless of the number of employees or foot traffic, some areas of the office require daily cleaning.
2. What are some essential components of daily office cleaning?
It is not possible to deep clean the office every day, and frankly, it is not necessary. When it comes to daily cleaning, you should focus on a few critical tasks such as:
- Dusting surfaces. Vacuuming carpets.
- Desk cleaning and organizing.
- Disinfecting high-touch areas.
- Cleaning restrooms, kitchens, and cafeteria.
- Emptying the trash cans.
Though these are the absolute essentials, you can customize the daily office cleaning checklist as per your specific needs.
3. Which areas of the office need deep cleaning?
Deep cleaning is typically done once every six months or once every year depending on the factors mentioned above. However, high-traffic areas may need monthly deep cleaning. Some commercial deep cleaning services include:
- Carpet cleaning
- Window cleaning
- Tile and grout cleaning
- Upholstery cleaning
- Floor cleaning, buffing, and polishing
- Deep cleaning kitchen and food preparation areas
- Deep cleaning restrooms
- HVAC system, air ducts, and air filtration systems.
Most cleaning companies provide deep cleaning services separately, but you may be able to get these as a package as well.
4. How should I clean office equipment and electronic devices?
Much like other objects in the office, all the electronic equipment such as computers, fax machines, copying machines, and phones need daily cleaning as well as periodic deep cleaning. However, you must be cautious when cleaning electronics.
Too much moisture can damage the equipment. That is why you should microfiber cloths and electronic-friendly cleaning solutions. Make sure to clean the keyboards, mice, monitor, and other peripherals on the desk to avoid the spread of germs.
Ask office cleaning specialists your questions.
5. How can I prevent germs and allergens in the office?
Implementing daily cleaning and periodic deep cleaning schedules is the first step towards removing allergens and improving indoor air quality. Cleaning the HVAC system, air ducts, and air filtration system is also necessary. You may also use hypoallergenic cleaning solutions to avoid the harsh side effects of regular cleaning products.
As for killing germs, basic surface-level cleaning is not enough. You need to disinfect surfaces and sanitize objects and high-touch points to eliminate bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms. Regular cleaning and disinfection are crucial to preventing the spread of diseases and infections.
6. How should I clean office carpets?
Getting professional office carpet cleaning is the best way to maintain carpeted floors. Daily vacuuming and spot-cleaning stains are also necessary. You may also place entrance mats to reduce the amount of dirt that gets dragged into the office.
7. What is office green cleaning and is it worth it?
If you care about the environment and the health and well-being of your employees, green cleaning is essential. Unlike traditional cleaning methods that rely on using harsh chemicals, green cleaning utilizes eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
Aside from the myriad of health benefits, green cleaning also has a long-term positive impact on the environment. Eco-friendly cleaning products are made of non-toxic, naturally-derived, and biodegradable ingredients. And the best part is that you can get green cleaning services without any dramatic increase in office cleaning cost.
8. Why should I hire a commercial cleaning company for office cleaning?
Hiring a commercial cleaner for office and reception cleaning in Sydney is an excellent idea. There are many advantages of outsourcing the office cleaning responsibilities. Here are a few reasons why you should try professional office cleaning services:
- They can achieve a high level of cleanliness.
- Our cleaners bring tools, equipment, and cleaning supplies.
- Clean the office at your convenience to avoid disruptions during work hours.
- Commercial cleaners provide a wide variety of cleaning services.
- They can help you stick to a cleaning schedule and thus maintain a pristine office space.
In most scenarios, hiring professional cleaners is more cost-effective than maintaining an in-house cleaning crew.
9. How should I choose a commercial cleaning company?
Whether you want deep cleaning or daily cleaning in Sydney, you will find many commercial cleaners that offer the services you want. Choosing one out of the many options can be daunting. That is why you must try the steps to make the right choice:
- Research every company and make sure their reputation is spotless.
- Find out what services they offer.
- Enquire about their cleaning methods and processes.
- Ask if they have insurance to protect against damages.
- Make sure they have the necessary licensing and permits.
- Compare prices and packages.
10. What is the fastest way to clean office buildings?
Cleaning from high to low, in one direction is the fastest way to clean the office building. That is cleaning from the highest points and cleaning around the office in a clockwise direction is easy and fast.
11. Why should I hire JBN Cleaning?
JBN Cleaning is among the top commercial cleaning in Sydney. We serve in over 80 locations across the city and work with businesses of all types. Besides providing a long list of services, we also specialize in green cleaning. We use the latest technologies and sustainable methods to achieve the highest standard of cleaning.