Children, especially toddlers are vulnerable when it comes to communicable diseases. If you’re running a child care center, your cleaning protocols should not just ensure that you give the right first impression. But additionally, it should also leave a mark of trust by maintaining an environment that is safe and hygienic at all times.
There are going to be tons of dirty toys, linens, used bedding, diapers, disposed tissues, food wastes along with a lot of trash at all times. Because come on, children tend to be messy. But if you want to run a successful business, you’ll have to get through this major hiccup through proper child care cleaning in Sydney.
Here are a few ways that you can immediately implement to ensure that your center is clean, fresh, and healthily sanitized around the clock.
1. Understand what you’ll have to do
Nothing can help you as much as thorough subject knowledge. The first thing that you’ll have to do before attempting to randomly sanitize everything you see is to understand why you do what you do.
The term commercial cleaning generally refers to the usual routines that you might probably be taking care of already like sweeping and mopping the floor or clearing the trash there is.
Sanitisation and disinfection on the other hand are misunderstood to be one and the same. They are not. Disinfection is what you do after the children at your premises are done for the day or even at frequent intervals after they play sessions. This is done to kill any germs that might have taken their place in the toys or the floor after they are done playing. This will prevent the next child who is using it from catching any new infections. Sanitization on the other hand is done before a group of children enters the play area for preventing any germs from being present in the things they are about to use.
Sanitisation reduces the intensity of microbes present while disinfection actually kills almost every microorganism there is. No single solution is going to be enough to do both.
2. Educate about the supplies
Your child care center must ensure safety not just from the infectious germs there are but also the harmful side-effects of the potential chemicals that you might use. The supplies that you use must not be corrosive or even remotely toxic. Children’s health is at stake here and you must be as conscious as you can be.
Always ensure to pay attention to the details that are put on the label. Always prefer an organic and eco-friendly chemical like we at JBN Cleaning do. Choose EPA approved supplies at all costs
3. Follow a standard pattern for sanitization that differs from space to space.
Ensuring Full coverage:
Making sure that your sanitization routine covers every hidden corner is important. Especially at least in the areas and things that are in the immediate reach of children.
Clean and then sanitize the entryways, doorways, shared areas, the diaper changing section, kitchens, and play areas. Cover the whole area including the door handles, light switches, floors, walls, and railings that are present in these.
Play area cleaning & sanitization:
Use a dishwasher for the initial cleaning of your small durable toys. Handwash the rest. Sanitizers are not going to clear their surface dust particles. So, it is important that you water wash them before using sanitizers.
Every corner of your restroom from the sink, floor, or walls to your toilet seat or the flush knob carries 10x the amount of germs than the other spaces and they require comprehensive attention like nowhere else. Hiring a child care cleaning service in Sydney can help you completely to take care of these with their keen experienced eye.
This can be the messiest place in a daycare environment. Tables, chairs, trays, and even the chair railings need to be sanitized prior before you take the children there. Colour coded microfiber cloths can be useful to wipe different spaces, so you don’t mix things up and use previously utilized cloth in the other fresh places.
4. Knowing about the supplies that you can use and the ones you never should
Never use these:
- Bleach is a big no. They are a potential respiratory irritant and the tolerance level for children is usually very less. Even if there arises a situation where you have to definitely use it, make sure to always dilute it at the right amounts.
- Quats or quaternary ammonium can be a skin or eye irritant and also potentially lead to respiratory issues like asthma. They might be commonly available on the cleaning shelf but it is best that you stay far away from them. ·
- DIY chemicals are not always going to turn out just right. It is little children that we are cleaning for. So make no mistakes, sanitisation is not a gamble but an absolute necessity where there is no room for trial and errors. This right here is why going for child care cleaning services in Sydney can be your safest bet.
The safer options:
- Hydrogen peroxide in combination with citric acid can be a safer option if they are in the right combinations. It can work well with different types of surfaces and also be effective for the sanitization of areas with previously spilled urine, sweat, or feces.
- L-Lactic acid can be used in places where you’re on the lookout for bleach-based compounds.
- Any organic or eco-friendly sanitizer might be a little hard to find but they are worth the extra mile search. At JBN Cleaning, we are hell-bent on using these to ensure the complete safety of children by all means.
It is always advisable to outsource the sanitization of your child care center in Sydney to a professional that is backed by experience. The more you know about the methods, procedures, and processes involved, the better you’ll be able to ensure proper safety.