Carpet Cleaning Tips To Take Perfect Care of Your Carpets
Imagine how uneasy the entire environment would get if your guest is welcomed by the rising clouds of dust from your carpet as soon as they step on it? Not pleasant, right?
It is not easy to make your carpet look perfectly presentable at all times. But it is not impossible either. All it takes is a little bit of patience, a lot more caution, and a few cleaning hacks or tips from commercial carpet cleaners.
Here Are Carpet Cleaning Tips Listed By The Experts
1. Stop Scrubbing Your Stains
Naturally, unexpected spillages happen to your carpet. And it is our instinct that immediately tries to rub it away. But this will only make these stains travel through the interior of the knitted fibers.
You can instead try blotting the stained surface with a cleaning solution by using a cloth or sponge. Pay close attention to the direction of blotting too. You should blot inwards so that you don’t let the stains spread any further.
2. Explore Other Tool Options
Vacuuming alone might not be an effective practice in your daily cleaning schedule. The best commercial cleaners use a wide range of other equipment that are easily available at lower costs. This majorly includes a lint roller and squeegee.
Lint rollers are even better than the most powerful vacuum cleaners when it comes to cleaning. Be it any crud, crumb, or minute dust particles, they can penetrate deep into your carpet’s fiber network. Using these rollers with some elbow grease can help you get them all out on a daily basis.
Squeegee, even when it is predominantly intended for window cleaning, is designed to dislodge all-minute dust particles. Water is down a little and uses it on your carpet once to see the results for yourself.
3. Following The Right Timelines
It is a best practice to do your carpet cleaning on a surface level every alternate day with the equipment and supplies that are mentioned so far. But to retain the life of your carpet for a longer time, you’d need to go for a deep cleaning routine once every two months.
Professional carpet cleaners might charge you around $200 to get this done for you. It is comparatively your best option to replace your rug every three months which might account for about $750.
Are you looking for carpet cleaning services?
4. Taking Care of The Knotted Tuft Fibers
The edges of your carpet might be decorated with tufts for that added beautiful appearance. But these are prone to carrying a lot of dust particles than most other parts of your rug fibres. Dusting it with a brush every day would reduce the accumulation in the long run.
5. Cleaning The Baseboards Frequently
This is one of the frequently overlooked factors when it comes to cleaning your carpets. The baseboards that the carpet is originally placed on are not often cleaned and it might result in making the lower part of your carpet messy. Every time you go about a deep carpet cleaning, ensure that you simultaneously clean the baseboards completely to prevent them from being unattended for a longer period and also from contaminating your freshly cleaned carpets.
6. Remembering That No Two Carpets Are The Same
There are different kinds and types of carpets, each varying in their texture, the nature of the material involved, and the type of knitting. Each type of rug would require specific attention to detail and a systematic approach if you want to retain its good look throughout its lifetime.
It is just important that you leave it in the safe hands of the best carpet cleaner in Sydney than damaging it completely. A professional will also be properly insured to compensate for any damages themselves if the situation escalates.
7. Leaving It To The Professionals
Carpet cleaning is sensitive and would require a lot of costly equipment, supply, and huge operational costs when it comes to utilizing your in-house janitorial team. Even the smallest of mistakes could cost you big.
A company like JBN Cleaning is backed by 10 whole years of experience. With expert cleaners who are individually trained time and again to perform standard protocols of cleaning, they can ensure you with the om-point results.
Two Common Carpet Cleaning Practices
1. Dry Cleaning
The procedure involves the application of cleaning compounds on the bottom side of the carpet. Through a rotary brush of counter-rotation that is brushed on the upper side, the compounds are whipped to foam and are spread to settle everywhere on the carpet. These are made of biodegradable materials that vaporize easily when exposed to air for too long. One major pro of dry cleaning is that it is suitable to be adapted for any type of carpet. All you need to do is slightly adjust the composition of the chemical compounds that are used to make the whole process feasible.
2. Steam Extraction
This method is also called wet cleaning and it is commonly used everywhere. Here vaporized water that is heated to extreme temperatures is used at high pressures. The cleaning company first applied it to the surface of the carpet. The carpet is subjected to agitation with steam that is blown through a piece of equipment that typically looks like a vacuum cleaner.
The area is then gently rinsed. Any accumulated dust at any depth in the inner fibers will typically be extracted through this.
Correct Procedure For Carpet Stain Removal
Carpet stain removal can be a bit tricky, as different stains require different treatments. However, here is a general procedure that you can follow for common carpet stains:
General Stain Removal Steps
- The sooner you address a stain, the better chance you have of completely removing it.
- Blot the stain with a clean, white cloth or paper towel to absorb as much liquid as possible.
Identify the Stain
- Different stains require different treatments. Identify the type of stain to choose the appropriate cleaning solution.
Test in an Inconspicuous Area
- Before applying any cleaning solution to the stain, test it in an inconspicuous area of the carpet to ensure it doesn’t cause damage or discoloration.
Use the Right Cleaning Solution
Choose the right cleaning solution based on the type of stain is necessary. Some types are as follows:
Water-Based Stains (e.g., juice, soda)
- Use a mixture of water and a small amount of mild detergent.
Oil-Based Stains (e.g., grease, ink)
- Use a solvent-based cleaner. Protein-Based Stains (e.g., blood, vomit): Use a mixture of cold water and enzyme-based cleaner.
- Start with a mild cleaning solution and work your way up to stronger ones if needed.
Apply the Cleaning Solution
- Apply a small amount of the chosen cleaning solution to the stain.
- Blot the stain with a clean cloth, working from the outside in to avoid spreading the stain.
Rinse the Area
- Rinse the cleaned area with clean water to remove any residue.
- Blot the area with a dry cloth or towel.
Dry the Carpet
Allow the carpet to air dry completely. Avoid walking on it until it is dry.
Specific Stain Removal Tips
Coffee or Tea Stains
- Blot with a mixture of water and mild detergent.
- Rinse and blot with vinegar solution (1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water).
Red Wine Stains
- Blot as much as possible.
- Pour a small amount of white wine on the stain, then blot with water.
- Blot the area, then apply an enzyme-based cleaner.
- Rinse with water and blot dry.
- Freeze the gum with ice in a plastic bag, then scrape it off.
Get Commercial Carpet Cleaning Tips From JBN Cleaning
If the stain persists or you are unsure about the appropriate cleaning method and struggling to find the answer for your carpet cleaning tips. Talk to our expert to get your free quote for deep cleaning your carpets today!